Friday, July 24, 2009

Slow of Speech and Slow of Tongue

Then Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” So the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD? Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.”

This morning I was reminded of Moses and the burning bush. I remembered working with my campers on the Exodus 4:10 and challenging them not to make excuses in their Christian life. Yet, I am surprised how often I have used my inability to speak Spanish to excuse not speaking here and allowing others to speak for me. I get so frustrated when I unconsciously use English vowels in Spanish words or when I use incorrect grammar or can't remember a word I should know. But God is gracious and allowing me to learn through this whole experience (and I know there are many people here watching me learn, make mistakes, and keep trying). God called Moses and gave Moses his ability to speak. In the same way, God can give me just what I need to minister where He has called me. I just have to trust Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment