Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Traditions

Is it really December? Are you sure? I've yet to hear a Christmas carol, and where is the snow? Why am I not stressing about finals or trying to find a ride home? Oh, wait, that's right; I'm in Peru (and very content to be here). We have started a few Christmas preparations at church. We started working on our program last weekend. I am helping in the stable group (Apparently I will be drawing a cow today...). The ladies and children will sing, and, of course, the Christmas story will be acted out. Afterwards, we are planning on having Panetón (a bread with raisins and candied fruit...the Peruvian Christmas cookie rival) and hot chocolate.

For family celebrations, I have heard something of eating duck, panetón, and hot chocolate at midnight on Christmas Eve. Then the Trujillo missionaries are coming down so we can eat fish (and maybe head to the beach??) for Christmas day. I will have to remember to journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment