Saturday, February 6, 2010

And then comes February...

Wait, February? You've got to be kidding me! My life has been swept away by camp. Of course, I love it that way. I frequently find myself laughing as I think, 'and if we did this in the States..."



My first week at camp I had the privilege of co-counseling a cabin of seven girls. We quickly learned that the job description of counseling here is quite different when the kids we set free to play as the counselors all went to wash the supper dishes (throughout the rest of the week, the cabins took shifts washing the dishes and other camp clean-up duties). I had to laugh when the evening chapel service was pushed back an hour (and that was just the beginning of schedule changes).

...well, I never did get back to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment